Tuesday, January 29, 2013

His Promises


A promise is a guarantee that a particular thing will happen.
Whether you see it or not, Scripture is FILLED with the God's promises. His Word isn't only something we should look to when we "need" it, in certain circumstances. His Word is living and active (Hebrews 4:12). It's something we constantly need. And He filled it with thousands of promises for you and me. How many times have you made a promise to someone? How many times have you failed to keep that promise? God's promises are unfailing. He is faithful when He gives us promises throughout His word. In Psalm 119:50 David writes "My comfort in my suffering is this: Your promise has given me life."
Here are a couple of incredible promises the Lord gives us:

"Ask and it will be given to you. Search and you will find. Knock and the door will be opened to you."-Matthew 7:7

"Come to Me, all who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest." -Matthew 11:28

"For where two or three are gathered together in My name, I am there among them." -Matthew 18:20

"Do not fear, for I am with you...I will strengthen you; I will help you; I will hold on to you with My right hand." -Isaiah 41:10

"everyone who believes in Him will not perish but have eternal life" -John 3:16

"If the Son sets you free, you really will be free."- John 8:36

"Anyone who follows Me will never walk in darkness but will have the light of life." -John 8:12

"If you ask me anything in My name, I will do it." -John 14:14

And lastly, one that has so much power, "If you remain in Me and My words remain in you, ask whatever you want and it will be done for you." -John 15:7
This means that if God's people truly abide in Jesus, they will desire what He desires & will pray according to His words & those prayers will be pleasing to Him. He tells us that by remaining in Him, we can ask for anything! And it will be done for us.

These are only a few of the countless promises that Christ tells us through His holy Word. So much comfort knowing that He is such a promising God! PTL

No comments:

Post a Comment